Membership Rules for all trailrides:
1. SADDLE CLUB RIDES ARE FOR MEMBERS ONLY. ANY GUESTS MUST BE INVITED BY RIDE HOST.
2. Unruly horses are to be kept at the rear of the ride.
3. Red flags or ribbons to be on tails of all kicking horses and blue flags or ribbons on all stallions.
4. Horses and riders are to stay on designated trail at all times.
5. Riders are to keep up with horses in front of them to keep riders together.
6. No littering on trails or ride host's property.
7. Respect other riders, horses, and property.
8. Do not RUN horses past other riders.
9. Keep horses 10 feet away from refreshment truck.
10. No blatant drunkenness to the extent that it endangers your person and/or horse, or the person and/or horses of others.
11. MUST BE SADDLED AND READY TO RIDE BY THE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME OR YOU
WILL NOT BE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RIDE.
PDR Saddle Club Ride Schedule
If you are interested in hosting a ride please reach out to an Officer. Rides can be on private ground or public property.
March 28th: Horse Health Day hosted by Riverstone Animal Hospital. 1571 IL Rt 3 in Waterloo, IL. No appointment needed - Vet available from 10a to 12p.
May 2nd: Work Day at Johnson Creek Recreation Area, Lake Kincaid
3 south of Chester, left on Rt. 151 4 miles to Johnson Creek Recreation
Area. Trail maintenance and campground
cleanup and repair as part of Adopt A Trail Program with US Forrest
Service. Start at 9AM Saturday May 2nd. Ride May 3rd at 12pm. Meal provided both days. Water truck tank will be available for horses but running water is not readily available.
Niebruegge Farm, 718 Berger Rd Valmeyer Illinois. Take Rt 156 west from Waterloo past Valmeyer to end of marked highway. Continue straight on Walnut Rd to Levee Rd. Follow Levee Rd to Berger Rd. Left on Berger Rd to ride site. Ride at 1PM. Meal and drinks provided.
2020 Ride Dates to be posted in March. Visit us on Facebook (@saddleyourhorse) for Current Events!
Current negative Coggins for all rides and activities. Lunch and beverages available at all rides unless otherwise stated differently.
To cancel ride call one of the following;
Dave Lehr 792-4770
Steph Keller 618-340-9898
Margaret Wilson 458-6585
Call ride host to check on possible cancellation due to weather.